Forums are too quiet.....

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Arkane
C

Let's get some actin going around here! Attached is a pic of one of my Wolves. This one has a Wilson Combat backup sight, taller FSP from Wyndham, Heavy Buffers anti-tilt H2, Wolf XP spring, Patriot anti-tilt tube, RSA Rise 140 trigger, and magpul furniture, a Rousch Rampage flash hider, and an EoTech 512. The paint on the HG is Krylon Olive fusion with a matte clear coat, it's holding up pretty well. The sling is a homegrown 1.5" wide VTAC clone.

wolf.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
codyphillips48
II

Its been quiet. maybe when the t65 parts kit come out it might wake everyone up
Iamscotticus
L

I finally got out to shoot mine first time.
All XM855.
Pretty sweet! I did have to change out the Spykes 4oz buffer to a standard weight cause the Super 42 spring is so loaded, the combo was too heavy! Thats fine as the rifle is already heavy with the LAW folder.
Finished my short range trip still needing more rear travel for the bolt hold open. perhaps removing a weight from the buffer? If that doesnt work then its spring and buffer swapping till i get it right. But thats what I love about the AR platform.
Womper
II

Iamscotticus wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:27 pm I finally got out to shoot mine first time.
All XM855.
Pretty sweet! I did have to change out the Spykes 4oz buffer to a standard weight cause the Super 42 spring is so loaded, the combo was too heavy! Thats fine as the rifle is already heavy with the LAW folder.
Finished my short range trip still needing more rear travel for the bolt hold open. perhaps removing a weight from the buffer? If that doesnt work then its spring and buffer swapping till i get it right. But thats what I love about the AR platform.
I had the same problem when first shooting my T91. I used the Heavy Buffers anti tilt with the Wolff heavy spring sold here and it was short stroking. I switched to a standard buffer(DSA Bufferloc) and spring and all is good now. While troubleshooting I had first replaced the heavy spring with a standard. It would function properly, but not lock back after the last round. Switched to the standard buffer and it locked back as well. No problems since.
Iamscotticus
L

Womper wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:48 am I switched to a standard buffer(DSA Bufferloc) and spring and all is good now.
I am hoping to hang on to the Super 42. I thing its a really good sprink.
Iamscotticus
L

I narrowed my short stroking down to a 30rnd Pmag XM855 didn't like to lock on but .223 locked on all the mags I tried, which was only a Pmag 20 and Pmag 30.
Not an extensive test, but I tried a few buffer weight combos, including an empty buffer on the Super 42.
This was the best combo but the XM855 didn't like to lock on the Pmag30 consistently, but .223/55gr. would.
I need to try more mags.
One thing I can say is this is a smooth shooter. Im not sure the buffer is touching the buffer tube back.
4 O'clock/10 ft ejection. Dark necks, no gouges.
A few FTEs with the Super42 and 4oz buffer; way to heavy combo.
watching for buffer/buffer retainer contact.
I could use a Mil Spec spring, but I really want to try to run the braided Super 42. I like the way it's made.
No sproinging. Probably very set resistant. @onion20@