Ripped rim m855

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

newt91guy
II

Took Brand New A1 out fired for shots of wolf gold the first green tip in the magazine fired at which point the extractor ripped off the rim of the casing.
Not sure if burs or scratches in chamber are the cause or just the overly tight chamber others have noted
Hand cycling green tip/M855 also resulted in rounds not wanting to come out

Will post pics soon
Arkane
C

newt91guy wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:56 pm Took Brand New A1 out fired for shots of wolf gold the first green tip in the magazine fired at which point the extractor ripped off the rim of the casing.
Not sure if burs or scratches in chamber are the cause or just the overly tight chamber others have noted
Hand cycling green tip/M855 also resulted in rounds not wanting to come out

Will post pics soon
The chambers on these are REALLY tight when you first get them. The first time I took one out it didn't want to extract until I had quite a few rounds through it. The rest of them I have bought before I go to the range I'll chuck a chamber brush in my drill and give the chamber a good coat of breakfree and run the brush for a while. That has done the trick every time.

Now ripping cases? What ammo were you using?
newt91guy
II

Lake city standard regular old M855 green tip.

Ripped the rim right off.

I had already scrubbed the chamber when I inboxed it and hand cycled rounds through it.

The wild gold was fine go figure same aresnal makes both ammo and gun, but the green tools would not hand cycle they would just get stuck in the chamber so tightly
Arkane
C

Well, I think that leaves you with two choices, send it back on warranty or have the chamber reamed.
johnbamburg
I

Having the same issue,
When I first put the upper on my lower, I proceeded to load a round then perform a clear of the magazine and loaded round.
The chamber is so tight that I literally have to take a rubber mallet and drive the charging handle down to loosen the round from the chamber, enough to eject it.
I think a brush will not be enough. If this is happening with an un-fired round. I can only imagine what happens with a casing after expansion.
I will get a smith to ream the chamber. if only a couple thousandths.
Tunnellord1337
II

I had the same issue sort of. You might be better off shooting the rifle and letting it fix itself.