PSA - Running Aero Enhanced Buffer Tubes

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

apex
L

Just a heads up for everyone who uses "carrier cradle" buffer tubes in their T91s- returning from a recent range trip and I noticed this on my Aero "enhanced" buffer:
IMG_0966.jpg
@onion19@ Yep, she's marring. This upper has over 1,500 rounds through it, but of that this tube only saw around 300 and was a virgin tube before the install.
For comparison, here are the two POF tubes I use on my other T91s:
IMG_0978.jpg
this tube has roughly 1,000 rounds through it, all with one T91 upper
IMG_0977.jpg
this tube has roughly 1,800 rounds through it, the first roughly 1,200 were on one T91 upper, the remainder on another T91 upper

It should be noted that the second tube was originally on the aforementioned first T91 upper at the start of this post, then migrated to another lower to be replaced by the Aero. Also note the "wavy" pattern in the anodizing on the second tube, this was how it came from POF.

It's entirely possible that the marring on both the Aero and second POF tube is all from the first upper, but the round count to wear ratio on the Aero tube is shocking. Also entirely possible I just got a lemon tube.
In any case, buyer beware.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kalakar
II

*laughs in 0% carrier tilt*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.