Which EoTech? XPS2-0 or XPS3-0

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Ylasanast
I

Looking to put a eotech on my 300 blk out.

Curious to which one yall would choose

If my research is right the 3-0 is NV compatible, water resistant to 30 feet, QD mount, buttons on the side (kinda a plus for me probably due to my lazyness) 580$

The 2-0 isn't NV compatible, water resistant to 10 feet, buttons on back sub 500$.

Also I beleieve the 3-0 reticle is different.

So my question is which one would yall do? I don't care for the NV for the time being but the big plus is the ease of access of the side buttons for the 3-0. But for 100$ more I'm being skeptical...

For those that have the 2-0 are the buttons that big of a deal?

Thanks.
Arkane
C

I'm running the 2 with the GG&G QD on my Wolf and even with a magnifier I can still get to the buttons and with a Wilson combat sight the mag still clears it. It's held up to some pretty hefty abuse, so I would say if you don't need the NV capability go with it.

Wolf A1.png

One thing to consider, I think the 3. has a bit higher sight plane. that may be a problem if you plan on using irons as a backup. Likewise it makes your choice of a magnifier mount more restricted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daniel44114
I

I use an EOtech 553 on my rifle and I love it. Great optical sight. The new XPS models use one battery and take up much less rail space. There are many different models so do your research. They all seem to be fine. You need to decide if you want night vision capability or not and what set-up you will use. I like mine to index with my iron sights. They are great to shoot with. Good luck.
This is also a good read https://www.gunsafespot.com/best-eotech-for-ar15-reviews/
neoghost
II

If you can afford it the mil spec option would be the xps 3.
Even though I have a hartman I am looking into a dual role sight like an elcan but also the 558 553 with magnifier