Jam city

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Iamscotticus
L

New upper just doing function checks I get a hard jam like this
e292644
Site Admin

Good info, thanks.
Whatever you do with live round jam inside the chamber, safety first.
Iamscotticus
L

I freed it by driving the BCG back wth a plastic rod and hammer. I placed the uper verticaly on the edge of a wrork bench leavin room for the BC to exit the back. I paced the plastic rod on the inside lower rear edge of thr BC and struck the rod downward one good wack. This action initiated the bolt rotation to free the lugs. I could have tried firing it out, but like the guy in the video, i had tried some other things in the barrel and i wasnt sure if the bulet was safe to fire. I wil be quite honest here, i really wamt a smith to check the chamber. This is to tight, even for a break-in issue. Whats up, Wolf? Its not unusual to have varying chamber tollerences but this is ridiculous.
Kilo 1-1
II

This is not an uncommon issue I've seen from other reports of brand new uppers. Others have also function tested the upper by hand cycling rounds through it. I don't know what the tolerances are of those upper, but most people who had these issues had it mostly go away after live fire.

I wouldn't ream the chamber just yet. Clean the upper and thoroughly lubricate it prior to shooting it. I'd start it off with quality brass ammo first. Some people have issues with steel ammo, but my upper eats Russian Brown Bear without problems for what it's worth.
Iamscotticus
L

Kilo 1-1 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:15 am
I'd start it off with quality brass ammo first.
Yea, Im thinking so.
Federal/American Eagle brass is all I use