Installing simple rear sight?

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

darkarmour
II

Terribly embarrassed to ask this. But how do you install the T91 simple rear sight? It's unlike any other Picatinny mount I've ever seen before, where the attachment portion of the accessory can be tensioned into the rail with a screw.
Arkane
C

Remove your charging handle and start the front of the sight on the back of the upper. Then using a punch or other narrow tool insert it into the roll pin and lift up while sliding forward until the roll pin engages one of the slots int he rail. The roll pin is spring tensioned and will do a good enough job of keeping the sight in place.
shaocaholica
L

Is the simple rear sight still wobbly after proper installation?
Arkane
C

The one I have installed is pretty solid and holds zero no problem. It will move if forced, but returns back to where it should be.
Bret
I

I just installed mine. Must have been lucky because I just pulled up on the roll pin on both ends. It kind of stuck in the up position. It easily slipped to the position I wanted (most rearward). Then I just pressed down on each end of the roll pin and it popped down in to position. I'm guessing that it's not supposed to be that easy, but it's worth a try. I had visions of scraping the finish off the top of the rail as I moved it forward in to place. It seems relatively solid in place, but there is a bit of side to side tilt if I apply pressure.
Iamscotticus
L

Bret, That's amazing. My sight spring is so tight I don't have the finger strength to insert and lift up a pin. I have to run a wire thru the tube and white knuckle it, if trying one handed, supporting the rifle with the other. One wire loop I used was thin and almost got cut.