Buffer Tube Question

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Hartsonw
I

I picked up a Wolf A1 upper recently, and have been running it and a DI upper on a single carbine lower for a few months now. Now I want to create a dedicated lower for my T91, and I have a few spare parts laying around, including a rifle buffer and spring, and a carbine length buffer tube. My question is, should I just build another carbine lower using the buffer tube I have, or build a rifle lower with my rifle buffer and spring? Which would work better with a T91 upper, and what buffer should I buy if I decide to go the carbine route? I hope that wasn't too confusingly put, thanks!
e292644
Site Admin

Welcome aboard!

IMHO,
T91 was designed for carbine buffer. But remember T91 was redesigned from T65 which using rifle buffer.
If you can tune it well enough I think both system should work without issue.

Since it's little bit over gassed, H3 may run smoother than H2.
Iamscotticus
L

I agree with Sean.
Here is some unsolicited advice:
1) Don't mix and match rifle and carbine buffer system parts. Its either all rifle specific parts or carbine parts.
2) If going carbine, you can use heavier buffers if desired.
3) If going rifle, you only use rifle buffers and there isn't much variety in weights. There may be someone who makes heavier/ lighter rifle buffers, I haven't seen them. Most don't need it.
4) If you want an alternative to heavier buffers, consider stiffer springs like the Gieslie Super 42, and others.
5) know your correct spring lengths and measure them before using them.