My first step to clone the T91

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

firearms
II

Here are some parts I have, they are WE parts from Taiwan for those who are interested. They fit well and appear to be sturdy. The stock will fit the 1.18" commercial tube. The castle nut fits both. I'll try these out this weekend and report back it these parts stands up to the real live fire.
http://www.wemodel.com.tw/ugC_ShowroomI ... owKindID=4
I have some more stuff coming.
e292644
Site Admin

Cool, can't wait to see your clone.
I do too will receive mil spec parts in the next few days(I hope) and I will post on the home page once its available.
Arkane
C

Nice. Is that a custom engraved 80% in the mix?
firearms
II

It's only a mark-up, I have yet to complete the receiver. I intend to complete a few receivers and have them engrave at the same time.
Arkane
C

Quick question: Is there a spot on that castle nut to stake the rear plate?
firearms
II

It only has 3 holes, I suppse that you can stake one or more of the holes indside. However, the regular AR castle nut will fit the buffer tube if you choose to use a regular castle nut, the thread is the same but the tube is the AR commercial spec. I measure 1.188". It is also interesting that the 3 positions tube is exactly the same as the CAR-15 length wise.
2.jpg
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arkane
C

It's interesting that there is no provision to stake the castle nut on the plate side, I'm curious if the ROC armorers torque it to a certain spec or use some kind of non-permanent locking compound like loctite blue.
Bert1977
II

Does anyone know if wolf is offering the upper with the correct fsb yet? I had a lower done a couple months ago after they said they will be offering it in the correct set up. Just got bussy with other projects but now looking at finishing this one.
Arkane
C

Bert1977 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:49 am Does anyone know if wolf is offering the upper with the correct fsb yet? I had a lower done a couple months ago after they said they will be offering it in the correct set up. Just got bussy with other projects but now looking at finishing this one.
Not yet, the current crop still has the S FSB and wrong flash hider.
firearms
II

Start working on the lower.
start.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
e292644
Site Admin

Nice, can't wait to see you finished it. @onion20@
firearms
II

My first 80% lower competed. Mistakes made and learned, next one will be better looking hopefully. I also remove the selector stops.
5.jpg
blueeyedwolf
II

Hey, firearms, cant wait to see the T91 coming out of it! Are you at rough needs fine polish work on lines and grooves to smoothe phase, or completed as is for installing? @onion14@
Wondering,
blue
firearms
II

Neither. I probably would put it aside as the reminder of how it all got started. I have a few others I'm going to start working on.
blueeyedwolf
II

I can certainly appreciate a first attempt, since Gunsmithing, in general, is not a simple task to undertake, especially milling from 80%. Not your everyday cookie cutout. @onion7@
Thanks for the pic - keep 'em coming.

Best,
blueeyedwolf
firearms wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:42 pm Neither. I probably would put it aside as the reminder of how it all got started. I have a few others I'm going to start working on.