T91 safety issues

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

cwikjr
II

Removed the fin from my T91 safety and installed it in my build... Seems that the detent slot and notches in the safety selector are very shallow and don't allow the detent to lock the safety in its positions... Installed a standard AR-15 and M-16 safety and both allowed the selector to lock in... Anyone else have this problem or did I just get a bad part???
e292644
Site Admin

Would you mind post few pictures of the T91 safety selector you received?
If you received a defective part we will send you a replacement.
cwikjr
II

Here is a picture of my selector T-91 on the left Colt M-16 on the right...

Womper
II

cwikjr wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:41 am Removed the fin from my T91 safety and installed it in my build... Seems that the detent slot and notches in the safety selector are very shallow and don't allow the detent to lock the safety in its positions... Installed a standard AR-15 and M-16 safety and both allowed the selector to lock in... Anyone else have this problem or did I just get a bad part???
Mine is the same way.
cwikjr
II

I was emailed by T91 Tactical and they offered to replace mine... I declined as they stated that that is the way the part is made... I ended up modifying mine so I have a more positive detent lock on safe and fire... Not a big deal... Now if the weather would cooperate I could get out and test my new rifle...
e292644
Site Admin

Just want to let everybody know.
We've confirmed with our factory and this is the original T91 full auto safety selector which were made according to the Taiwan military specification.
Like cwikjr mentioned, modification will give you more positive detent lock if you feel comfortable to do it yourself.
cwikjr
II

I wonder if the Taiwanese designed their selectors to get rid of the audible click as the detent locks it into position???
darkarmour
II

This is slightly off topic, but relevant. I have a question.

My T91 safety selector (full auto) does not work with any of my standard triggers and my 80% receiver (bought from T91 Tactical). If I install the T91 safety selector into the receiver, I am still unable to pull the trigger when the selector is on "fire" (either 1, auto, or 3). But my regular, semi-auto safety selectors seem to work fine. and function fine.

Is this intentional? Am I missing something? It isn't a big deal, but I wanted to ask the folks who know.

EDIT: Okay, I am dumb and didn't read the product listing carefully. It appears I need to modify the safety selector. I see the picture showing the modification -- but can someone chime in and and confirm/describe what needs to be done?
e292644
Site Admin

Here you go, please reference HERE.

darkarmour
II

Clamp into vice, and mill or dremel off the fin. Got it.
akguy1985
II

I had a coworker mill the fin off mine.