T91 issue - FT-extract/FT-eject

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

darkarmour
II

First, obligatory picture:

So, the problem: I've put about 200 rounds through this rifle. But I've had sporadic failures-to-extract / failures-to-eject. The problem presents like this:

1. Pull trigger.
2. Bullet exits barrel.
3. Either [BCG does not travel rearward], or [BCG extracts properly, but does not travel rearward far enough to eject round], or [BCG does not properly extract empty case at all].
4. Empty casing is stuck in chamber, and requires mallet and push rod to push out of chamber.

This has happened 3-4 times in 200 rounds.

What is going on here? Is there a burr in the chamber? Could the piston be short stroking due to the anti-tilt buffer?
e292644
Site Admin

Have you try switch back to standard buffer and spring see if the issues still there.
e292644
Site Admin

Have you try switch back to standard buffer and spring see if the issues still there.
darkarmour
II

Not yet, but I'll try it for my next range trip.
newt91guy
II

I’m getting ripped rims off cases and empty case stuck in chamber.
Wolf gold 223 which is literally made for this exact rifle worked fine, but m855 green tip got stuck in chamber and rim of case got ripped off. This is not due to over gassing or excessive bolt speed because I had a tub a flat wire spring which has more pressure keeping bolt closed and an H1buffer (possibly H2) can’t remember. This was plenty to tame the slightly over gassed t91.
Something is too tight or rough in these chambers.
newt91guy
II

Had same issue.
Wolf gold 223 which is literally made for this rifle was ok but m855 green tip ripped rim off empty case and it was STUCK IN CHAMBER.

This wasn’t a case of excess bolt velocity because I had a heavy (h1 or h2 ) buffet and a ribs flat wire spring.