Proud new owner of Wolf A1 upper!

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

joelad
I

On Monday I ordered a Wolf A1 upper online. It arrived yesterday. Also on Monday, I ordered some pats from T91Tactiacal, they arrived today.

A sling, T91 FH/comp, and a receiver extension lock screw. I wanted the 4.5 oz buffer and extra power spring, but they were out of stock.

I attached the upper to a $29 (on sale) Anderson lower that's been waiting. A couple months ago I ordered the T91 grip. I'm amazed at how light the weapon feels.

I have a couple questions: Why are there threaded holes on top of the upper handguard? Also, what's the pin for in the forward most section of the pic rail on the upper receiver?

I'm torn on whether to make a full blown clone of the T91, or leave it as is. I will be ordering the M-Lok HGs when I get some more cash freed up.
e292644
Site Admin

Welcome aboard!

To answer your questions:
Two threaded holes is for mounting grenade launcher sight or other accessories.
Pin located at top front of upper receiver is for the piston rod guide plate.
joelad wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:34 am On Monday I ordered a Wolf A1 upper online. It arrived yesterday. Also on Monday, I ordered some pats from T91Tactiacal, they arrived today.

A sling, T91 FH/comp, and a receiver extension lock screw. I wanted the 4.5 oz buffer and extra power spring, but they were out of stock.

I attached the upper to a $29 (on sale) Anderson lower that's been waiting. A couple months ago I ordered the T91 grip. I'm amazed at how light the weapon feels.

I have a couple questions: Why are there threaded holes on top of the upper handguard? Also, what's the pin for in the forward most section of the pic rail on the upper receiver?

I'm torn on whether to make a full blown clone of the T91, or leave it as is. I will be ordering the M-Lok HGs when I get some more cash freed up.
joelad
I

Thanks!

The "user guide" supplied by Wolf was no help.

I learned more by watching YouTube videos.
codyphillips48
II

Out of curiosity where did you get your upper from?
codyphillips48
II

joelad wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:34 am On Monday I ordered a Wolf A1 upper online. It arrived yesterday. Also on Monday, I ordered some pats from T91Tactiacal, they arrived today.

If you want a anti tilt buffer and spring try http://heavybuffers.com/antitilt.html thats where I got mine because they where out of stock here at that time.