Wolf T91 new owner / new member

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Galilman121
II

New member to this forum as I bought a Wolf T91 upper last week.

I have a carry handle caught in customs limbo at present, but hoping to find and purchase a T91 pistol grip and eventually the correct buttstock and receiver extension parts.

I gotta say after reading the forums about the canted FSB issues, certain parts being non interchangeable, you guys got me a little freaked out. Haha

Having built 10 or so AR’s, 10 or so AK’s, Galil rifles, a HK 91 & a 93, many bolt action rifles, I started thinking I may have bought a money pit to clone up a version of the T91.

I had a sense of excitement on opening the Wolf box, so hopefully I will just slowly acquire the parts to build a decent clone.
e292644
Site Admin

Welcome aboard.
Just treat it as another rifle and you will be fine.
Deplorable
II

It was a fresh something to obsess over for me. Now I daily check the Store....as things go in and out of stock nearly daily.

I've so far picked up: Flash hider/muzzle brake with the holes, Rear sight (now sold), Safety lever, Rear grip, Piston Maint Kit, Heavy buffer with spring.

I read the whole thread on front sight blocks as well. I have since laser bore sighted my 12" upper, and no worries. I think the take away from that thread is that Wolf will fix it if wrong.

Welcome!!
Galilman121
II

Thanks for the replies. I have the muzzle device that should arrive by Friday, and my carry handle sight is still in L.A. in customs.

Quick question on the change out of muzzle devices. Did Wolf just torque on the A1 devices and jam nut, like on a normal AR, or did they blind pin, silver solder or Lok Tite the threads? Looks like my USGI armorers wrench should just spin the Wolf A1 device right off.

Second question. Are the WE airsoft pistol grips for their Type 91 rifle a close match and adaptable to use on an AR lower.
Deplorable
II

They are just torqued on against the jam nut. No worries to remove.
Galilman121
II

I finally built my T91 clone about a month ago on a Brownell’s M-16A1 style retro lower along with parts sourced here on the site.

The black anodizing on the lower was a close match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qwerty
II

Looks great!
codyphillips48
II

Looks really good. Just need to add the scary bayonet lug to complete the look. haha @onion9@.
changhsu08
II

With the mil-style Gas block/bayonet lug it ill look even better :)
Galilman121
II

I'd love to install the Mil style front gas block w/ bayonet lug, but it sounded like it was going to be really involved since I have the Wolf barrel. :-/

I'm happy for the time being, and trying to stash away some cash in case the T65K stuff gets in country. I always wanted a rifle length T65 ever since seeing one in my Small Arms of the World book decades ago. :-D
codyphillips48
II

Galilman121 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:37 pm I'd love to install the Mil style front gas block w/ bayonet lug, but it sounded like it was going to be really involved since I have the Wolf barrel. :-/

I'm happy for the time being, and trying to stash away some cash in case the T65K stuff gets in country. I always wanted a rifle length T65 ever since seeing one in my Small Arms of the World book decades ago. :-D

Its not to bad now. The store here sells one that will fit the wolf barrel I have 2 with them on it. hell the store even has the pin hole and gas block hole size on there so its just swapping it and making sure the gas port is drilled. Take your time and it will go easy or have a gunsmith do it.