Barrel came loose!

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Gyratingyak
I

After the range today I was feeling some wobble. I thought maybe play in the MLOK handguard, but then noticed everything shifted. So I left Wolf a voicemail but also wanted to ask how exactly to torque this barrel back into place and keep it there. I unscrewed the barrel by hand with no force at all. Is there anyway to tighten it up and keep it from loosening and not canting my FSB? Thanks in advance for any info. I really love this rifle, and now more so the MLOK handguard that held her in place 😂
apex
L

Is the barrel actually separated from the barrel extension? If so, the barrel extension index pin has failed and the barrel will need to be re-threaded into the extension, properly headspaced, and re-pinned. If it's just the barrel nut that has come loose, it just needs to be tightened down with 30-80 foot-pounds of torque on to the upper.
If the upper is still under the 1-year warranty, email Wolf Arms/SDS Imports ([email protected], SDS is the actual importer and assembler of the Wolf A1 uppers) and describe your issue and request the barrel be replaced or repaired.
Gyratingyak
I

It actually came out of the barrel extension. When is why I was confused. The extension is still in the upper, while I unscrewed the barrel the rest the way by hand. Thank you, I will email them!
Gyratingyak
I

Ordered on July 28,2019 so still under warranty. Once again thank you for the contact email
Gyratingyak
I

apex wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm Is the barrel actually separated from the barrel extension? If so, the barrel extension index pin has failed and the barrel will need to be re-threaded into the extension, properly headspaced, and re-pinned. If it's just the barrel nut that has come loose, it just needs to be tightened down with 30-80 foot-pounds of torque on to the upper.
If the upper is still under the 1-year warranty, email Wolf Arms/SDS Imports ([email protected], SDS is the actual importer and assembler of the Wolf A1 uppers) and describe your issue and request the barrel be replaced or repaired.
A big thank you, Wolf/SDS Customer service was awesome and a quick turn around. I’m taking it to the range and going to rezero my optic and see if it is repaired for good. I hope the issue was only an oversight on their part in assembly and not an indication on the products quality, because this is by far the funnest rifle next to my FAL,I own. It only had around 1,400 rounds through it before the barrel loosened.
apex
L

Glad to hear
Krazny13
I

Happened to me too. Steve at SDS had it repaired and back to me in about a week. (New Barrel)