Troy micro folding iron sights for Milspec T91

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Homura556
II

Does anyone know if the Troy AR micro sights are compatible with milspec T91?
I want to be sure before I spend money on them. Also if anyone knows a place that sells just the rear. Apparently they're made for high top receivers like 416 etc.
Thanks fam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
apex
L

I haven't used these myself but according to the Q/A on the Brownells page it looks like it will get you close assuming the measurements are correct.
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/s ... 44920.aspx
"Rear folded .517 high. Deployed 1.442 overall and 1.142 to aperature center. Front folded .557 high. Deployed 1.396 overall and 1.097 at middle setting"

I'm not exactly sure where this person is measuring the sights, but the T91 rear sights measure 1 and 1/8th inches from the top of the picatinny rail to the center of the aperture when mounted, and the simple rear measures 1 and 1/2 inches overall height. The carry handle and the simple rear share the same aperture height.
It doesn't look like anyone sells these individually.
Homura556
II

Do you think it's close enough, or do you think I should keep looking?
Any other ideas for a solid folding rear sight? I'd like to be able to use optics and magnifiers but still have good irons to fall back on. Eventually I'd like to get a holosun or aimpoint red dot and get it to co-witness with the correct risers.
apex
L

If the measurements are correctly stated it may be close enough and you can adjust the front post for height. As for RDS cowitnessing, you're going to be stuck with the sights being 1/3rd lower cowitness compared to the RDS (this is because the mil-specfront sight is the same height as an A1 gas block, but the T91 flattop is higher than an AR-15), unless you can figure out something by using the low RDS mounts and playing around with risers.
Homura556
II

Thanks for the help.

I just found out that the Troy Micro HK rear aperture is 1.125", or 1⅛" exact same as T91. Should be good to go! Ordering now!

Just gotta try to see if I can sell the front site online somewhere as it only comes in a set with the front sight. Hahaha
apex
L

Could always try Chinesium knockoffs if you're willing to wait half a month @onion9@
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... g&_sacat=0
Homura556
II

I actually considered that, but I wasn't sure of the quality of them. Saw some mixed reviews.

I plan on using this T91 build on job the for bail enforcement. When you're collecting fugitives in East Cleveland, it's comforting to know your gun has reputable parts and is going to hold up.

"Hey you there, gangster. Time out! Put the draco AK pistol down while I fix my gun" haha

But I still might get some just to experiment with and check them out.

But thanks for the help, I doubt I'd have figured out that the OEM T91 sights were 1.125". Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places but there doesn't seem to be a lot of good info out there on the T91. I feel like someone needs to write a book on Taiwanese Military Rifles/Carbines.
Homura556
II

Side note: Is my tri-rail on backwards? or does it matter? hahaha I'm so used to ARs having the rail sections towards the muzzle, I just threw it on like that. It matches up with the vent holes though. I just now noticed the image of the tactical guys with their T91s in the banner above have their's opposite... well I suppose Im the opposite one. @onion6@
apex
L

I have mine mounted the same way. From the few rare photos I've seen of T91s with the tri-rails they are all mounted the opposite way, probably to avoid the lights/lasers interfering with the piston takedown knob. Kind of a moot point if you're only mounting things on the right rail though...
t91rails.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Homura556
II

20200510_092012.jpg
20200510_091910.jpg
20200510_091810.jpg
Its good to go! Expensive but nice!
Brok3n
II

Homura556, thanks for posting about this! I ended up picking one up for myself, was lucky to find one for sale on the ARF EE. Now I can run my magnifier with my EOTech. I'll have to get pictures up when I'm at the range next time, but so far so good. :-)
Homura556
II

Brok3n, Awesome. I'm glad it works for you. @onion17@ @onion29@

My next mission is to absolute cowitness a red dot; aimpoint, trijicon or holosun. I think I have the red dot figured out, but where I get lost is finding a magnifier that will line up with the lower sight plane. My Holosun 510C open red dot already kinda does cowitness, just to having a large window and being parallax free. But would much prefer a enclosed tube with a killflash now.