Griffin Armament M2 rear flip up sight

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

DatChuan
II

Anyone here have this rear sight for their W1 upper? If so, how is the zeroing for it? @onion35@
Arkane
C

I've used them, but on a regular AR. They seem pretty solid.

FWiW I went with the tallest front sight post I could find at the time which was the WIndham + .060 and matched it up with a slightly modified Wilson combat rear that is height adjustable. I did a little work to get the Wilson to go down further and I've got a good solid zero without using that oversized base monstrosity that comes with the rifle.

This is the type of Wilson I used:
DatChuan
II

Arkane wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:08 am I've used them, but on a regular AR. They seem pretty solid.

FWiW I went with the tallest front sight post I could find at the time which was the WIndham + .060 and matched it up with a slightly modified Wilson combat rear that is height adjustable. I did a little work to get the Wilson to go down further and I've got a good solid zero without using that oversized base monstrosity that comes with the rifle.

This is the type of Wilson I used:
Thanks for the reply, I saw it on youtube that people would change their front sight post of Wolf A1, and since you did it too, it is necessary for me to also do so if I am going to use the Griffin rear sight?
Arkane
C

The Griffin rear is setup to use the M4 sight height, so you'll need to use the large sight post Wolf ships with the rifle. I personally hated that thing and wanted a flip down rear, so that's how I ended up with the combo I am using.
DatChuan
II

Arkane wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:59 am The Griffin rear is setup to use the M4 sight height, so you'll need to use the large sight post Wolf ships with the rifle. I personally hated that thing and wanted a flip down rear, so that's how I ended up with the combo I am using.
I see, thanks for replying I will see what I need to do when I received the upper
DatChuan
II

Finally got my 12.5 upper last week, so the regular A2 rear sight can work on this thing it's just the oddly high base from the front sight right?
Arkane
C

DatChuan wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:16 am Finally got my 12.5 upper last week, so the regular A2 rear sight can work on this thing it's just the oddly high base from the front sight right?
Yeah the tall base front sight is designed to work with the M4 flip up rears. It's the solution Wolf came up with to fix the original (A1 height).
gg5k
I

i got the rear flip up, and i use the proper gas block not the two piece the upper ships with. my two piece gas block came with the taller sight post and i swapped it over after attempting to zero yesterday, only to find the short post won't work. the tall one will work but the ears on the one piece gas block are not as tall, so the taller front sight post will have to stick out beyond the height of the ears. without doing so and keeping the post still protected by the ears, i can keep the irons aligned to the bottom notch of my eotech xp2-2, which doesn't do me much good to be honest.
apex
L

gg5k wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:18 pm i got the rear flip up, and i use the proper gas block not the two piece the upper ships with. my two piece gas block came with the taller sight post and i swapped it over after attempting to zero yesterday, only to find the short post won't work. the tall one will work but the ears on the one piece gas block are not as tall, so the taller front sight post will have to stick out beyond the height of the ears. without doing so and keeping the post still protected by the ears, i can keep the irons aligned to the bottom notch of my eotech xp2-2, which doesn't do me much good to be honest.
The T91 is a "high-rise" flattop upper, meaning the picatinny section is slightly higher than regular AR-15/A4 uppers. The Wolf A1 two-piece gas block is designed to be used in the following three configurations:
1. T91 rear sights + standard-height/T91 front post
2. Standard-height AR-15 rear sights + tall Wolf front post
3. Sight block removed entirely

The "mil-spec" gas block can only be used in one configuration:
1. T91 Rear sights + standard height/T91 front post