Front / Rear sight compatibility

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

DarkLord
I

Hey all,

I think I know the answer to this, but I just want to make sure...

Is the front sigh on the T91 upper compatible (height wise) with common BUIS and A3 style detachable carry handle/sights? I'm betting they are, but I just want to double check before I purchase my T91 upper.
Smartravler
I

Interested this too
apex
L

DarkLord wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:18 pm Hey all,

Is the front sigh on the T91 upper compatible (height wise) with common BUIS and A3 style detachable carry handle/sights? I'm betting they are, but I just want to double check before I purchase my T91 upper.
The Wolf A1/K1 front sight is compatible with standard-height AR-15 rear sights only if you use the "tall" front post that is provided with the upper.
If you purchase the "mil-spec" front sight block from T91Tactical or do the conversion yourself, you will need a T91 rear sight or a Troy Industries Micro rear sight.

The reason for this is the T91 upper is a high-rise upper, and is about 1/4in higher than a normal A3/A4 flattop upper, but the front sight height is the same as an A1/A2.

Here is what your front sight will look like when zeroed for MBUS:
T91 front sights.JPG
The left block is zeroed for MBUS and uses the "tall" post, the right block is zeroed for a T91 rear sight with an A2 post.
As you can also see, the front sight block is removable so you can also use whatever sights you want if you also purchase and install one of the MLOK/Keymod rails from T91Tactical.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cwikjr
II

apex wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:16 am
DarkLord wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:18 pm Hey all,

The Wolf A1/K1 front sight is compatible with standard-height AR-15 rear sights only if you use the "tall" front post that is provided with the upper.
If you purchase the "mil-spec" front sight block from T91Tactical or do the conversion yourself, you will need a T91 rear sight or a Troy Industries Micro rear sight.

The reason for this is the T91 upper is a high-rise upper, and is about 1/4in higher than a normal A3/A4 flattop upper, but the front sight height is the same as an A1/A2.

Here is what your front sight will look like when zeroed for MBUS:
T91 front sights.JPG

The left block is zeroed for MBUS and uses the "tall" post, the right block is zeroed for a T91 rear sight with an A2 post.
As you can also see, the front sight block is removable so you can also use whatever sights you want if you also purchase and install one of the MLOK/Keymod rails from T91Tactical.
Excellent explanation!!!
Thanks for posting this!!!
I milled more of a scallop into my front sight block and used a A1 round front sight post on my T-91 rifle clone using the T-91 carry handle ... I only had a nub of post showing when I zeroed my rifle...

Before...

After...