OFF T91 TOPIC RE: AR15 BARREL

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

blueeyedwolf
II

ALCON,

Out at the range today folks, fyi, shooting my newly acquired 18" SS, and a 10.5" SBR with new uppers to zero, and my, my, my. I found a big change to what I believed versus what I found in shooting. In other words, the SBR wasn't as rock 'n' roll as what I thought it would be, but not overall bad just not what I thought. I didn't find it as accurate at zeroing on 50 yards as I want a weapon to be, so I dropped off using it at the 50 yds (this style is definitely a close quarters weapon for urban tactile, in my book), so I stuck with my 18" AR15 at the 100 yd for zero. Also, I was experiencing gassing issues with a new suppressor that I was trying out for the first time on this new upper, so off it came too, until I get that gassing right. I mean man, my eyes were watering when I first started using the suppressor, with nothing but gas and gun powder fumes in my face. NOT a good deal. However, I'll close saying the new 18" was the real star of the show today, and hella accurate too, or was it just me? @onion8@.
Saw another fellow today shooting his new Wolf A1 for the first time, he appeared to have the wrong rear site and low front sight post, which caused him some zeroing issues. Of course I stood up to provide some of my experience hoping that helped out our elite team. Also, I notice he used the wrong butt stock seems like to me it was from AirSoft, just didn't look right to me.

How was your [collectively] weekend, hoping it was good for all!

All the best,

blueeyedwolf
e292644
Site Admin

Usually between 10.5" to 24" AR-15 Barrels, 18" seems like is the most efficient one IMHO. What ammo did you use? Factory, Re-Man, or Reload? and the weight?
blueeyedwolf
II

following up the previous post regarding gas and gunpowder blow-by, I asked a fellow Smith who recommend PRI Gas Buster, which is in use by my military buddies.
think I may try it. About $90, in case any were wondering.
Also recommended to use suppressor on the Wolf A1, since gas piston rifles perform better suppressed over the A15's gas system, in this instance. I'll not utilize this suppressor on a handgun because of the gas and gunpowder that I experienced; likely it'll be worse.
Have a great day...

blue