Interested in T91

New User Post Area. New User Please Follow the Rule Post Here First.

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Iamscotticus
L

Hello, new here.
have AR 15, Sig 556, Keltec SU16C, KelTec RDB.
I have been looking for a Piston AR for a while but I don't like much of what is out there for various reasons.
From what I am seeing, this T91 seems to be what I have been wanting except I am not liking the gas retention system which I feel, without having handled the rifle, is over exposed.
I have seen pictures of the sling attachment loop on this part but I don't always see it.
One of the things I love about the Sig 556 is the permanent sling loop cast into the gas block.
This isn't a major deal for me since in any actual shooting will be using a single point, but I still want to have a rugged two point system.

Hope to be chatting soon. ;-)
Last edited by Iamscotticus on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e292644
Site Admin

Sling attach ring on Wolf A1 are one piece design which can be install either left or right side of front sight block. Default set on left for right handed shooter.

t91_md1.jpg

T91 has two piece design, sling attach hook can rotate 360 degree, also able to switch side.

T91Front.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arkane
C

It's a pretty robust setup, I use a Magpul MS3 with a small split ring through the gas block ring. Work great.
Iamscotticus
L

I am really happy to hear that this is a sling attach point.
But I don't understand how the sling swivel doesn't rotate the gas piston retainer (part 4D) and come out?
Can someone say if this happens?
And where I can get retainers with sling rings in case the one I buy doesn't come with one?
If I can get answers to this, I may be buying one soon.
Thanks,
Scott
e292644
Site Admin

Here's how it works, and we should have few of them available soon.
T91FSB0.jpg
Spring push retaining block groove lock into FSB.
T91FSB01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Iamscotticus
L

Thanks for this. So the retainer will not rotate unless pushed in and turned?
I wonder if this can happen under adverse conditions?
I think I would like the option of the swinging loop.

Another question please, I see a lot of interest in the T91 one-piece FSB. Is it better than the 2 piece?

Thanks.
Scott
e292644
Site Admin

In adverse condition it would be the same way lock into FSB until pushed and turned.
Two pieces FSB designed for T91S/Commercial and one piece are for the original T91 and it's got bayonet lug and short rail.
Iamscotticus wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:32 pm Thanks for this. So the retainer will not rotate unless pushed in and turned?
I wonder if this can happen under adverse conditions?
I think I would like the option of the swinging loop.

Another question please, I see a lot of interest in the T91 one-piece FSB. Is it better than the 2 piece?

Thanks.
Scott