Wolf a1 from the sight assembly play

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Hessian
II

Hello, quick question does anyone else have very slight play with the upper portion of the front sight post assembly (above the pin/ where it slides in). It rocks slightly and I never noticed it until this week. Im not noticing a impact on target but I’m not sure if it was always like this. Any word on if this is normal or not? Thanks
e292644
Site Admin

Since Wolf A1 FSB designed as two pieces, it allow you to remove top part it if you prefer to use red dot/scope, minimum play are expected.
Hessian wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:11 am Hello, quick question does anyone else have very slight play with the upper portion of the front sight post assembly (above the pin/ where it slides in). It rocks slightly and I never noticed it until this week. Im not noticing a impact on target but I’m not sure if it was always like this. Any word on if this is normal or not? Thanks
Arkane
C

Hessian wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:11 am Hello, quick question does anyone else have very slight play with the upper portion of the front sight post assembly (above the pin/ where it slides in). It rocks slightly and I never noticed it until this week. Im not noticing a impact on target but I’m not sure if it was always like this. Any word on if this is normal or not? Thanks
I was getting the same thing on one of mine and I used a pointed punch to slightly flare both ends of the roll pin while it was installed. That fixed that.
Hessian
II

Thanks for the reply’s and good news.
shaocaholica
L

I called Wolf about it. They basically told me the same thing. Use a hammer or other tool to deform the dovetail so that theres some interference between the parts tightening them up. If you send it to Wolf, that's what they'll do to it. Might as well do it yourself.
Cole Dedhand
II

Yes my front sight had play. My solution:
T91 MBUS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Iamscotticus
L

Yes I have that. I just thought it was normal.
A gas block will expand with heat so I figure it needs the gap.
It is my hope somebody will make a flip or rail for it.