Scope preference

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

blueeyedwolf
II

I'm curious as to what people are using or prefer for a scope, if any? I like Trijicon ACOG t11h. A pricey accessory but worth it, in my opinion. I haven't bought it yet, but so far It's the best I've found; good glass light weight optics for tactical close quarters scope. Otherwise, iron sites on my T91 are always reliable, until then.

blueeyedwolf
e292644
Site Admin

ACOG will be a good idea.
blueeyedwolf wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 1:10 pm I'm curious as to what people are using or prefer for a scope, if any? I like Trijicon ACOG t11h. A pricey accessory but worth it, in my opinion. I haven't bought it yet, but so far It's the best I've found; good glass light weight optics for tactical close quarters scope. Otherwise, iron sites on my T91 are always reliable, until then.

blueeyedwolf
Arkane
C

I've been doing a lot of scouring on the web for T91 references and info and from what I've found "issue" rifles will use a local manufacture scope witht he nomenclature of XST91. There is little to no info that I've been able to find on it (at least in English). A lot of pics also show it with an EoTech mounted. It appears the Indians are using the Elcan.

A good optic for the price is the Primary Arms 3x or 5x with the ACSS reticle. I've owned quite a few of the PA optics over the last 8+ years . Despite the abuse (and I am rough on my working rifles) I have yet to break one.
e292644
Site Admin

Thumb up to PA-ACSS scope.

Arkane wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:25 pm I've been doing a lot of scouring on the web for T91 references and info and from what I've found "issue" rifles will use a local manufacture scope witht he nomenclature of XST91. There is little to no info that I've been able to find on it (at least in English). A lot of pics also show it with an EoTech mounted. It appears the Indians are using the Elcan.

A good optic for the price is the Primary Arms 3x or 5x with the ACSS reticle. I've owned quite a few of the PA optics over the last 8+ years . Despite the abuse (and I am rough on my working rifles) I have yet to break one.
firearms
II

So officially the 5x scope used on the T91 is TS91B w/mount made by Arsenal 402 located in Taichung, Taiwan. However, it appears that it is very rarely issued. There was some news about that they're going to issue 1,000 units to the troops this year, we shall see.
Commentary:
To me it is bordering stupid to have a government arsenal doing this while you can buy this kind of stuff (or better ones) in the commercial market all day long.
e292644
Site Admin

Only 5x? totally not worth it.
firearms
II

TS91B.jpg
scope.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blueeyedwolf
II

Hi there, Arkane,
ALCON:

Thanks for the reply. I was out doing a thing, good to be back on board. I posted last week mentioning a gentlemen shooting an AI long rifle that he uses for competition. We were talking about scopes and his take for the money (his weapon + scope ~15k @onion29@ ) was an Athlon. I found Athlon runs $-$$$ in marketplace. For $s my preference, the Athlon ARGOS BTR 8-34X56 MIL, which retails for ~$470 and has APMR first focal plane illuminated MIL reticle in it.
As we know military Taiwan or otherwise does not always provide everyday grunts the good stuff for wear and tear, unless they are doing a top of the line job like sniper. Even then, folks preferences differ across the spectrum.
Commentary: T91/Wolf A1 are very accurate next to AI long range rifle, and cost effective obviously.
R,
blue
Arkane wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:25 pm I've been doing a lot of scouring on the web for T91 references and info and from what I've found "issue" rifles will use a local manufacture scope witht he nomenclature of XST91. There is little to no info that I've been able to find on it (at least in English). A lot of pics also show it with an EoTech mounted. It appears the Indians are using the Elcan.

JPurp
II

I would love to find this scope. It looks like a red dot with the mount built in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blueeyedwolf
II

Yep, looks like red dot to me, too. I like the flip up lens covers on it, handy, compact.
R,
blue
P.S also like the single lock attachment.
JPurp wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:43 pm I would love to find this scope. It looks like a red dot with the mount built in.
Qwerty
II

I have a Burris AR-536 on my Wolf A1.
blueeyedwolf
II

Nice! Burris is a good brand. I like the specs for the price. Good for competition, mil/law means adapts well to alternating use conditions and without necessarily needing to change out scopes. Sweet reticle, tidy size, mounts also to carry handle, waterproof, forever warranty! I would use it, @onion29@ and think I will.
Thanks Qwerty for the heads up.
R,
blue
Qwerty wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:08 am I have a Burris AR-536 on my Wolf A1.
Arkane
C

I just got a Primary Arms 5x with the ACSS reticle (the same one Trijicon licensed from them). and I am juiced to get it to the range. $289 for this is a sweet deal.
e292644
Site Admin

Nice, let us know how it performs on Wolf A1 upper. @onion20@
Arkane wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:35 pm I just got a Primary Arms 5x with the ACSS reticle (the same one Trijicon licensed from them). and I am juiced to get it to the range. $289 for this is a sweet deal.
Iamscotticus
L

ACOG TA33 is 3X, light long eye relief, perhaps longer usable ER than the TA11, and much smaller and lighter.
Its the most expensive optic Ive bought so far and I really like it.
The other optic I like is the Leupold FXII Ultralight. This with an Aero precision mount is only 9.5 oz. and usable ER is 5 inches. Very fast, light, rugged, quality scope for $260.