new from FL

New User Post Area. New User Please Follow the Rule Post Here First.

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

codyphillips48
II

Hey. I'm new here signed up a while ago but never posted. Finally got the money to order my 80% and all the other parts needed to build a t91. I just received my order from the t91 store now im waiting on classic firearms and bigdaddyunlimited. Now I need to figure out if im gonna get the 5d tactical jig or use a GG2 cnc
e292644
Site Admin

Welcome!
Any jig should work but I would really like to see how the GG2 CNC finished it.
Can't wait to see your build.
codyphillips48
II

e292644 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:56 am Welcome!
Any jig should work but I would really like to see how the GG2 CNC finished it.
Can't wait to see your build.
I know a guy near me with a GG2 who will let me use his to finish it. beats having to buy a 5d tactical jig and router and drill kit. I had almost bought one then remembered he had one.
shaocaholica
L

GG2 should look just like all the other GG2 completed lowers out there provided you follow the instructions and don't mess up.

Protip, don't do the trigger and safety hole on the GG2. Use a manual jig and a drill press. It will be cleaner than the GG. Even better if you drill them undersize and ream them to final size. Actually you probably need at least a 3/8 reamer for the safety because the drill can sometimes be undersize anyway unless its a super new drill bit and made to spec.

For something like a clone build I would do it nicer but it does add up in time and cost.
shaocaholica
L

codyphillips48 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:51 am I know a guy near me...
You should be more discreet about what you post on a public forum. Whatever tools you use to finish your lower need to be owned by you. You can always buy tools privately but make sure you have a written receipt. Just looking out.
codyphillips48
II

What i really need to fig out is how im gonna get it coated..... and getting some kinda number on it to at least look the part.
shaocaholica
L

codyphillips48 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:54 pm What i really need to fig out is how im gonna get it coated..... and getting some kinda number on it to at least look the part.
Get it laser engraved before you mill it so you can use engravers who don’t have gun handling licenses.

Make sure you get it deburred and blasted before anodize.

Find a local industrial anodizer or send it out. Might be cheaper to send it out to a gun anodizer as a local place might have a minimum charge for small jobs.
nhgunnut2
II

Welcome, I have found the folks here to be knowledgeable , helpful and generous with their time.