Help getting these irons to zero!

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

jarrellz
I

I've tried both the wolf sight with standard fixed Daniel defense sight which resulted in me having to raise my pin almost flush with the fsp guards. Then I tried the shorter t91 pin and t91 carry handle which left me with a tiny little nub once boresighted. Is there any combination that would result in a zero that's relatively centered in the sight frame? Follow up did everyone have to shift their rear sight almost all the way to the left? I really don't want to have to use optics because the ol girl isn't as pretty when the front sight is taken off.
apex
L

jarrellz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:45 am I've tried both the wolf sight with standard fixed Daniel defense sight which resulted in me having to raise my pin almost flush with the fsp guards. Then I tried the shorter t91 pin and t91 carry handle which left me with a tiny little nub once boresighted. Is there any combination that would result in a zero that's relatively centered in the sight frame? Follow up did everyone have to shift their rear sight almost all the way to the left? I really don't want to have to use optics because the ol girl isn't as pretty when the front sight is taken off.
No. Your front sight post will be buried in the block if you run T91 rear sights or up in the sky with AR-15 rear sights. There is no inbetween with the Wolf sight block if you want to use irons.
T91 front sights.JPG
If you want the post shoulder flush, you will need to do a mil-spec gas block conversion and be relegated to only T91 rear sights.

The reason for this is because the T91 is a "high-rise" upper to accommodate the more violent cycling of the piston system, meaning its flattop is 1/4" higher than on an A4 flattop upper, but the mil-spec gas block is the same height as an A2 gas block. This means T91 rear sights must be lower than AR sights to achieve the proper sight picture and sighting method (which happens to be identical to the M16A1... hence the marketing name). Also note, the Wolf A1 is not an actual T91 model (despite the marketing)- it is a combination of the T91 (mil-spec) and the T91K1/T91S (the two are the same, the department using them is the only difference, hence the naming). The upper, barrel, and gas block are from the T91K1 while the polymer handguards are exclusive to the T91. T91K1s are issued with either a quad, MLOK, or keymod rail. The gas system and BCG remain the same between models. The T91K1's 2-piece gas block is designed to work with as a compromise with both the shorter T91 rear sights and Magpul MBUS by simply changing out the front post depending on the rear sight if the user runs/is issued either. However, very rarely will you see T91K1s in the field as most of the ROC military still fields the T91 and T65K2.

T91 (mil-spec):

T91K1s on display at a media/military recruitment event:
The K1 is built around a modularity upgrade package that sports a heavier profile barrel for slightly longer sustained fire and accuracy.

As for your windage, your barrel or gas block is canted. You can send it to Wolf's customer service ([email protected], aka Steve at SDS Imports), or drift out the gas block crosspin and fix it yourself by hammering it over a few degrees- just make sure your gas port is still relatively aligned when you reinstall the pin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.