What is the milspec barrel profile?

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Serendipitously
II

I'm really happy to see gas blocks and 80% lowers being brought in to the US for the Wolf A1 upper, but ultimately my goal is to make a T91 clone as close to the original as possible, and a barrel + sight block that matches the original seems to be forever out of reach. Any word on how (or better, when) I might be able to get one?
e292644
Site Admin

Well, we can try to get them but are you sure you want to go for the 15mm gas port journal barrel profile? It's known for overheating and some other issues.

IMHO continuous improvement are necessary and these issues need to be addressed from the original design flaw. Not too long ago 205 armory introduced heavy barrel profile of T91 but not too many people know about it.
Serendipitously wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:45 pm I'm really happy to see gas blocks and 80% lowers being brought in to the US for the Wolf A1 upper, but ultimately my goal is to make a T91 clone as close to the original as possible, and a barrel + sight block that matches the original seems to be forever out of reach. Any word on how (or better, when) I might be able to get one?
JTM20
II

It would be cool to get some of the Taiwanese CHF barrels Wolf uses on their uppers along with a T91 upper to make a more correct upper without the Wolf logo.
Serendipitously
II

e292644 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:49 pm Well, we can try to get them but are you sure you want to go for the 15mm gas port journal barrel profile? It's known for overheating and some other issues.

IMHO continuous improvement are necessary and these issues need to be addressed from the original design flaw. Not too long ago 205 armory introduced heavy barrel profile of T91 but not too many people know about it.
Serendipitously wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:45 pm I'm really happy to see gas blocks and 80% lowers being brought in to the US for the Wolf A1 upper, but ultimately my goal is to make a T91 clone as close to the original as possible, and a barrel + sight block that matches the original seems to be forever out of reach. Any word on how (or better, when) I might be able to get one?
I'm mostly trying to build clones rather than buy the coolest AR. I'm very interested in what the 15mm profile barrels are like, since it pushes the envelope beyond the lightweight ARs we have here in the US.

I know I'm in a minority, but I find clones that aren't flawless are more interesting.
e292644
Site Admin

Ditto, We will try to get some in next shipment if possible.
Serendipitously wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:55 pm
I'm mostly trying to build clones rather than buy the coolest AR. I'm very interested in what the 15mm profile barrels are like, since it pushes the envelope beyond the lightweight ARs we have here in the US.

I know I'm in a minority, but I find clones that aren't flawless are more interesting.
codyphillips48
II

It would be nice to have a smaller profile to lighten up the front end a little. Add of those LW-15 lowers from from New Frontier Armory and a light weight stock it would be a interesting rifle or pistol
Qwerty
II

I would like to have the heavy barrel. i'm not a fan of thin barrels.

JP
Serendipitously
II

e292644 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:43 pm Ditto, We will try to get some in next shipment if possible.
Thanks! I can't wait!