Kinda T91 Clone

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

codyphillips48
II

Well this is my first AR platform and build. I've been slow to start into the AR world because i gotta say I love my AK's and SKS's. Then I seen the Wolf upper come on the market! I did research ended up here and finding out it was a military firearm and be proven to run. At that point I couldn't afford to build a new rifle at the job i was at then. 8 months later and a new job paying a solid 6 dollars a hour more I paid off my loan on my tool box and freed up some money. As a reward I'm now able to afford to build a rifle. I'm a prepper and really needed to get a rifle that uses the same ammo and mags as are military and police but as easy to clean as a AK. So I went with the T91. At first I was gonna just put a Wolf upper on a normal Anderson lower and call it good, but when I looked on the t91tactical store there was T91 80% in stock so I started to think might as well go all out on a GHOST GUN and build a close clone with a few changes.
I wanted to make 100% carrier tilt was not gonna be a issue so I when with a PWS gen 2 buffer tube.

Build List

14.5 Wolf A1 upper
T91tactical 80% lower
T91ractical Lower Parts Kit and Pistol Grip
PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube gen 2
BATTLELINK™ Minimalist Milspec Stock
T91tactical Mil-style Front sight for wolf barrels
T91tactical Simple Rear Sight
Silencerco QD mount (for hybrid suppressor)
Heavy Buffer H2 anti-tilt buffer
Wolf Buffer Spring

Stuff Left to Do

Add numbers to mag-well
Type 3 hard coat Anodize
Finish the trigger pocket and drill holes for safety and trigger pins
Drill and pin new gas block and pin and weld QD mount.
Test Fire
Sight in.

Pictures will be added later during my lunch
codyphillips48
II

Well before lunch i removed the gas block. Had to press off the old one. all I used was pennies to protect the crown on the barrel and used the regular press blocks that came with the press one big pop and it came off. Then I took 500 grit sand paper and cleaned the barrel where the gas block sits and cleaned the the inside of the gas block... Then hit it with 1200 grit to bring the shine out and the gas block slide right on. next issue is the rail is to wide for the hand guard. So Ill take that the sanding wheel on the dermal to open that up some more. I got my 10 D&H mags from PSA today also. That was a score at 6.99 each. also took the file to the front lug on the upper receiver to let the upper fold open. It wont make any differnce because I have the anti-tilt buffer but anyways. Now i need to drill and pin the gas block and drill the gas port hole in the gas block. I also took a sharpy to the wolf A1 logo but keep the cool looking 5.56 logo on the side. You can hardly tell the logo was there.
rsz_20180822_121616.jpg
391_2.jpg
392_3.jpg
393_4.jpg
394_5.jpg
395_20180822_122407_50.jpg
396_7.jpg
397_8.jpg
398_9.jpg
399_10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
e292644
Site Admin

What a great idea to make front sight block install easier. Thanks for your tips! @onion20@

"Then I took 500 grit sand paper and cleaned the barrel where the gas block sits and cleaned the the inside of the gas block... Then hit it with 1200 grit to bring the shine out and the gas block slide right on."

codyphillips48 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:13 am Well before lunch i removed the gas block. Had to press off the old one. all I used was pennies to protect the crown on the barrel and used the regular press blocks that came with the press one big pop and it came off. Then I took 500 grit sand paper and cleaned the barrel where the gas block sits and cleaned the the inside of the gas block... Then hit it with 1200 grit to bring the shine out and the gas block slide right on. next issue is the rail is to wide for the hand guard. So Ill take that the sanding wheel on the dermal to open that up some more. I got my 10 D&H mags from PSA today also. That was a score at 6.99 each. also took the file to the front lug on the upper receiver to let the upper fold open. It wont make any differnce because I have the anti-tilt buffer but anyways. Now i need to drill and pin the gas block and drill the gas port hole in the gas block. I also took a sharpy to the wolf A1 logo but keep the cool looking 5.56 logo on the side. You can hardly tell the logo was there.

rsz_20180822_121616.jpg
codyphillips48
II

Thanks. it seemed like it was a close fit so I figured I try to do what I do with super tight fitting wheel bearing. I'm having issues with posting pics and its saying not available after i preview the post and the submit the post the first pic always comes up but the rest says not available
e292644
Site Admin

Uploaded images has been recovered, seems like they are all back.
codyphillips48 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:53 am Thanks. it seemed like it was a close fit so I figured I try to do what I do with super tight fitting wheel bearing. I'm having issues with posting pics and its saying not available after i preview the post and the submit the post the first pic always comes up but the rest says not available