Wolf upper BCG help

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

skinny
I

Just received my 12.5" wolf upper and noticed that the bcg doesn't seem to really lock into the lugs. There's no tension on it at all. If you tip the muzzle upwards (ejection port door open) the bcg will just fall out of the back of the receiver with only the charging handle stopping it from hitting the floor by catching the tappet key (gas key on DI). None of my ARs do this even with heavy FA bcgs.

Is this normal with the Wolf A1? Can someone else with a Wolf A1 check and see if this happens to them as well?
Arkane
C

Without having gas rings to drag on the bolt carrier it's going to lock/unlock a lot easier. All of mine move into and out of battery freely like you describe.
Womper
II

Mine does the same thing. As Arkane said, it’s because of the lack of friction from the gas rings. With the bolt in battery you can push it with a cleaning rod down the barrel and see how it will stay locked in place. The carrier still has to move backwards to unlock the bolt. You’re upper is good to go.
Cole Dedhand
II

Although its normal I do find it annoying. Im so used to AR bcgs staying put when you remove the upper. I try to remember to close the dust cover. That will hold the bolt if you dont jar the upper.
skinny
I

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.