Rear Sight

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Bull1923
I

Which rear sight works with a T91 16 inch upper from Atlantic Firearms ?
apex
L

Any standard-height rear sight will work so long as you have the "tall" front sight post- these now ship standard and came with my upper from Atlantic last year so yours should have one. You will need to crank the front sight up quite a bit in order for it to correctly sight in. The front sight post should sit about 1/4in higher than "flush" on your front sight block.
Bull1923
I

Thank you very much.
WDS485
II

I bought a T91 Rear Sight. It came with an extra FS pin.
Do I change the existing front sight pin with this one?
apex
L

WDS485 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:28 am I bought a T91 Rear Sight. It came with an extra FS pin.
Do I change the existing front sight pin with this one?
Yes, the T91 rear sights require the either T91 or standard-height AR-15 front posts, not the taller Wolf A1 post.
The Wolf A1 tall post will not seat down low enough to properly sight in. Consequently as well, the standard-height post will also be too short to work with standard AR-15 rear sights.
See attached picture below: left is Wolf A1 tall post sighted for MBUS, right is AR-15 post sighted for T91 rear
T91 front sights.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GRA556
I

I have the Wolf T91 carry handle and the factory-installed front sight post on the 16” upper.

Do I need to change the front sight post, or is everything fine as it is?
Taoizm762
I

apex wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:36 pm You will need to crank the front sight up quite a bit in order for it to correctly sight in. The front sight post should sit about 1/4in higher than "flush" on your front sight block.
That is true , I was trying to sight in my 12.5 a1 upper with a A2 Carry Handle rear sight , started at 25 feet and noticed the POI is zeroed with the POA , so I tried to rise the front sight post to allow the POI drop to accommodate a 25yd zero ; But by rising the front sight post also make the sight base wobbles, the further away the post going from the front sight base roll pin . My rear sight on the carry handle bottoms out as well .

I saw a YouTube video explaining why and a fix to the wobble ;

but other than that is there any other way to get around it ?
apex
L

Taoizm762 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:08 pm That is true , I was trying to sight in my 12.5 a1 upper with a A2 Carry Handle rear sight , started at 25 feet and noticed the POI is zeroed with the POA , so I tried to rise the front sight post to allow the POI drop to accommodate a 25yd zero ; But by rising the front sight post also make the sight base wobbles, the further away the post going from the front sight base roll pin . My rear sight on the carry handle bottoms out as well .

I saw a YouTube video explaining why and a fix to the wobble ;

but other than that is there any other way to get around it ?
Grab a punch and stake the dovetail on the sight block as you would a castle nut. Or just widen the dovetail wings by smashing them out with a hammer. This will give a tighter fit on the metal. You only need to move about 0.5-1mm length of material to make it snug so bear that in mind.