Recommended Anodizing Company for Lower

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Riktasi
I

I recently bought a T91 Tactical milspec upper and have had an 80% lower that I'll be milling soon, but I'm not settled on who to send this off to anodize. Is it even legal to have this sent off for anodizing once it's milled out? It technically wouldn't be a transfer since I'm still the owner.

Anyway, my main concern is having a good hardcoat anodize job done that keeps the engraving intact.

If all else falls through, I might just Duracoat it myself.
apex
L

Riktasi wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:01 pm Is it even legal to have this sent off for anodizing once it's milled out?
No.
1523828559618.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tunnellord1337
II

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kalakar
II

Not_ATF.jpg
Tunnellord1337
II

Ok, seriously though, does anyone have an answer for his question?
Airman Skitters
II

You might try US Anodizing. They're an FFL and should be able to receive and return your receiver directly after applying the treatment/finish.

They're the guys NoDak Spud uses to do their ano work, if I'm not mistaken.

If you've got one of the T91 80%'s and you need the a serial engraved before you mill it out/get it ano'd you might look at Atomic Engraving. Looks like they'll do the complete T91 Roll Mark and Serial on a blank receiver, I imagine you could get them to do just the serial for you to finish things out. It's what I plan to do, anyway.

Hope that helps.
apex
L

Riktasi wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:01 pm I recently bought a T91 Tactical milspec upper and have had an 80% lower that I'll be milling soon, but I'm not settled on who to send this off to anodize. Is it even legal to have this sent off for anodizing once it's milled out? It technically wouldn't be a transfer since I'm still the owner.

Anyway, my main concern is having a good hardcoat anodize job done that keeps the engraving intact.

If all else falls through, I might just Duracoat it myself.
Tunnellord1337 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:08 am Ok, seriously though, does anyone have an answer for his question?
If it's still the raw 80, US Anodizing: http://usanodizing.com/
e292644
Site Admin

The short answer is no.
Since all FFLs need to log all the in and out serials but privately made complete non-serialized lower receiver has no record for ATF to trace. So most of them won't touch it.
The best bet is Cerakote/Duracote/Brownells AlumA-Hyde it yourself.
Tunnellord1337
II

Ok cool....

haacker45
II

New Frontier Armory also offers this service on their website for only $15.

https://www.newfrontierarmory.com/produ ... g-service/
JTM20
II

haacker45 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:57 am New Frontier Armory also offers this service on their website for only $15.

https://www.newfrontierarmory.com/produ ... g-service/
They want make, model and serial number. Unless you engrave all that info (in English), they wont touch it.
cmj131
I

What's the solid metal disc in the buffer/spring package for. Any pictures on how it's installed. I thought it might go into the back of the bolt. Thanks
e292644
Site Admin

It's the extra tungsten weight for H3 setup.
ar15-buffer-exploded-illustration-parts-blog-title-image.jpg
cmj131 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:11 pm What's the solid metal disc in the buffer/spring package for. Any pictures on how it's installed. I thought it might go into the back of the bolt. Thanks
cmj131
I

Thanks, great picture
dmsdog
II

US Anodizing did the anodizing on my T91, it had all the Chinese markings, and a serial number. Their only concerns were; does it have a model number, does it have a serial number, is it milled as an AR-15 instead of an M-16 and does it not have the engraving where the autosear pin would go. They did a fine job.