My T91 builds

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Prelude
II

Once it starts, it can't be stopped!
So far I have a Wolf A1, one heavy barreled T91 (Green Mountain 14.5 barrel), one T91 Tactical heavy barreled T91, one .625 profiled T91 (Ballistic Advantage), one dedicated .22 T91, one 9MM T91. Other than the 16" .22 barrel, all other barrels are 14.5" pin and weld.
Many, many thanks for the support from T91tactical!!
My T91 family.
apex
L

These looks like the ones posted on ARF... hey wait a minute
@onion14@ @onion20@
ROC_so_good.jpg
So I have to ask for confirmation- the T91 mil-spec gas block is the same height as an A2 gas block and zeros with standard AR rear sights IF you're running it with a standard AR upper and not the T91 high-rise flattop?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Prelude
II

apex wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:06 pm These looks like the ones posted on ARF... hey wait a minute
@onion14@ @onion20@
ROC_so_good.jpg

So I have to ask for confirmation- the T91 mil-spec gas block is the same height as an A2 gas block and zeros with standard AR rear sights IF you're running it with a standard AR upper and not the T91 high-rise flattop?
Thanks~
I am not sure...my aged eyes don't like iron sights! @onion4@
All those Iron sights are for decoration only. haha Did not even try to zero them...@onion9@
But I think standard AR upper with regular AR rear sight should compatible with T91 mil spec front sight height.
raidguru
I

As far as I understand the issue concerning the height of T-91 iron sights, Wolf A1 or standard T-91 sight blocks are Taiwanese standard which is a little lower than USGI M4/M16. The difference on a Wolf A1 is a taller than usual front sight post that can be a challenge to adjust because the standard sight tools will not properly depress the sight detent because base of front sight post is thicker to obtain higher US elevation standard. To use Taiwanese T-91 rear sights or carry handles (which are lower Taiwanese standard) with a Wolf A1 upper, you must replace front sight post with a standard Taiwanese T-91 post so front and rear sights are both at same height. Currently, on my T-91 style M4 build with Wolf A1 upper, I'm using a Troy rear sight which requires the taller front sight post the Wolf A1 came with. If I was to go to the effort to install the T-91 sight block, I would still need to use the taller sight post because the Troy rear sight is higher US standard. Eventually, when I can obtain one, I intend to replace the Troy rear sight with a T-91 simple rear sight and the tall sight post with the standard T-91 sight post. The reason I intend to do that is so the front sight will be easier to adjust, and the standard sight adjustment tool will fit properly. Another thing to consider is that many optics may not co-witness well with iron sights at lower Taiwanese standard height. I do wish Wolf had used the standard T-91 sight block because the ears on the front sight Wolf uses are too wide and thick and make a strange sight picture. Being that my T-91 is not a purist build, I will not be going to expense or trouble to change sight blocks.
my t91.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.