Q for those of you who build a mil-spec FSB T91 with .750 journal 14.5/16 barrel

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

niqstr
II

damn that sux. man didnt know it would be this much work...lol

that t91 looks sweet.

thx for your replies. hope i didnt bug you too much.
just great to be able to bounce ideas of someone who went
through the process.

also thx 4 the pix. they help visualize the process.

thx & have a great summer
niqstr
II

hi, got my m4 & t91 rod/gb. t91 gb slots up nice at 9inch mark but loose at 10inch.

was planning 2 use di bcg[as i had lying around 4 di build originally ] which would sync up at 10inch mark.
but someone mentioned that DI gas key [carpenter steel] will not survive 100rds. is that true/correct?

figured gas key 2 be more durable than that.

finally there is a "nut"/stud[on the right side] that secures the sling stud but mine slips off if i point it 2 the ground. is that ur
experience? or does yours secure? cuz the pin [1 of them] doesnt go into stud 2 secure it.
Prelude
II

niqstr wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:44 pm hi, got my m4 & t91 rod/gb. t91 gb slots up nice at 9inch mark but loose at 10inch.

was planning 2 use di bcg[as i had lying around 4 di build originally ] which would sync up at 10inch mark.
but someone mentioned that DI gas key [carpenter steel] will not survive 100rds. is that true/correct?

figured gas key 2 be more durable than that.

finally there is a "nut"/stud[on the right side] that secures the sling stud but mine slips off if i point it 2 the ground. is that ur
experience? or does yours secure? cuz the pin [1 of them] doesnt go into stud 2 secure it.
Please don't use DI BCG for piston build. It is not designed to do so.
As for the T91 GB, you need to test install handguard to find the exact location where on the barrel the GB sits.
If the GB is somehow loosely around the location where it should be, I suggest you add some stainless shim to make it secured so you can continue to work on it (pinning it).
I don't follow the last part, are you talking about the sling attachment on the T91 GB?
it is loosen on mine.
niqstr
II

the sling is secured by an end piece[ie circular object ie stud in my parlance].on the right side of the gas block.

from sean you have to insert a pin to secure it. but i cant get the pin into the stud[which is the right side] of the sling pin.

? is how did you secure your sling that came w your gb?
niqstr
II

dont know who u are asking? but i sent to sean@t91 & still no reply on this.

the pin that holds the sling attachment is secured by a circular object located to the right side and sean showed a pic where the pin goes into the circular object. mine doesnt. and i dont want to use pliers to force it in unless that is what one has to get it in...

or is a defective pin...