T91 Combat Rifle (known as Wolf A1 AR15 Piston Upper)

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Jiro
II

I got a couple of the T91 s because it is a 30 year design that Taiwan has been using and its odd that HK decided to jump on the piston drive bandwagon and most everyone thinks HK pioneered this system.
That and I lived in Taiwan as a kid during the ‘Nam as my parents had diplomatic status and my dad was in MAAG, an intel group there at the time.
I went to parochial school there and really enjoyed my time there. Since then, through my professional career, I have met several Taiwanese residents here in the US, one actually came from the suburb of Taipei where I lived. Another I got to bring me back some Cham poi .Small world.
e292644
Site Admin

That's interesting, I used to live near by the so called "American School" in taipei and watch them play football all the time. Also meet with several kids with my age fly wire-control RC plane together.
My neighbor was a military guy with his boy like you said work for some type of intel in Taiwan.
Jiro wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:57 pm I got a couple of the T91 s because it is a 30 year design that Taiwan has been using and its odd that HK decided to jump on the piston drive bandwagon and most everyone thinks HK pioneered this system.
That and I lived in Taiwan as a kid during the ‘Nam as my parents had diplomatic status and my dad was in MAAG, an intel group there at the time.
I went to parochial school there and really enjoyed my time there. Since then, through my professional career, I have met several Taiwanese residents here in the US, one actually came from the suburb of Taipei where I lived. Another I got to bring me back some Cham poi .Small world.
Jiro
II

e292644 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:15 pm That's interesting, I used to live near by the so called "American School" in taipei and watch them play football all the time. Also meet with several kids with my age fly wire-control RC plane together.
My neighbor was a military guy with his boy like you said work for some type of intel in Taiwan.
Jiro wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:57 pm I got a couple of the T91 s because it is a 30 year design that Taiwan has been using and its odd that HK decided to jump on the piston drive bandwagon and most everyone thinks HK pioneered this system.
The school was Dominican, my mother was a science teacher there. It is now called the Dominican International school. We had no football. The game then, and let me tell you those Taiwanese kids took this very seriously, was baseball.
Other than that, it was gymnastics and swimming. Our instructor was Buti Lee who was an Olympian gymnastics competitor for Taiwan. Grass mountain was behind the school and still had machine gun parapets in place from WW2.
I lived in Tianmu.
Jiro
II

e292644 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:15 pm That's interesting, I used to live near by the so called "American School" in taipei and watch them play football all the time. Also meet with several kids with my age fly wire-control RC plane together.
I believe the school you are referring to was called then, when I was there was TAS. The school I went to had kids from all over the world including wealthy Chinese/ Taiwanese that could afford it.
We kinda looked at the TAS kids as delinquents @onion36@
e292644
Site Admin

lol, I saw them ride expensive car there every morning and after school, only thing I've got back then was a beat up mini bicycle with no brake.
If I remember right people said TAS tuition for local cost around NTD$300,000 per semester or year. :frozen:
Football field used to be a large grass field cross the street from the school about 5 minutes walk.
Jiro wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:12 pm I believe the school you are referring to was called then, when I was there was TAS. The school I went to had kids from all over the world including wealthy Chinese/ Taiwanese that could afford it.
We kinda looked at the TAS kids as delinquents @onion36@
dmsdog
II

firearms wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 10:13 am I think we'll need to modify the back of the lower - look at the extension and take-down pin area.
John Brace (Braceman) (johnbrace at frontier.com) at AR15.com will mill an 80% M16A2 / M4 receiver to 80% M16A1 specs which will fix the extension and front takedown pin area. Then send it (still an 80%) to Atomic Engraving (https://www.atomicengraving.com) for the T91 engraving. Make sure you ask braceman to mill off the selector stops. John does not have an FFL so he can only do 80% receivers. Make sure you ask not to have the autosear pin hole engraved. US Anodizing will not accept receivers with the autosear pin look-alike engraved nor will they accept the trigger pocket engraved as an M16 unless it is an NFA registered machinegun.