SBR T91

Moderators: e292644, blueeyedwolf

Kaztma
II

Here is my 11.5" T91. Got my carrying handle on yesterday and love it. Kinda weird how it attaches. Ready to sight it in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
e292644
Site Admin

Nice, thanks for sharing.
Jiro
II

Kaztma wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:40 pm Here is my 11.5" T91. Got my carrying handle on yesterday and love it. Kinda weird how it attaches. Ready to sight it in.
Mine but still a pistol with full size rifle.
My question to you is I read your project on AR15 and you mentioned you opened the GP to 0.093 which is a #42 bit. You put the 0.093 as a #34.
I opened mine to 0.094 and it would not hold open on an empty mag but would chamber another round 85% of the time. A #37 bit opened to 0.109 was what was necessary for proper function. Thoughts?
Thanks.
e292644
Site Admin

It's a really nice build, did you made it to 10.5" in length?
Jiro wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:00 pm Mine but still a pistol with full size rifle.
hxo28zw.jpg
My question to you is I read your project on AR15 and you mentioned you opened the GP to 0.093 which is a #42 bit. You put the 0.093 as a #34.
I opened mine to 0.094 and it would not hold open on an empty mag but would chamber another round 85% of the time. A #37 bit opened to 0.109 was what was necessary for proper function. Thoughts?
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaztma
II

I must have got the size numbers mixed up. I ended on .093" so #42. I'm using a H1 buffer and Wolff reduced power spring so maybe that's why it works with the smaller port? Mines never jammed, except when I was working up to .093"

How's yours work with the maxim can brace? I picked up a used one with JP silent spring at a good price and haven't tried it yet.

Also what rail did you use under the gas block? YHM?
shaocaholica
L

Subbed. I want to do a T91 pistol as well.

Did you guys just open up the gas port with a hand drill?
Jiro
II

Kaztma wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:47 am I must have got the size numbers mixed up. I ended on .093" so #42. I'm using a H1 buffer and Wolff reduced power spring so maybe that's why it works with the smaller port? Mines never jammed, except when I was working up to .093"

How's yours work with the maxim can brace? I picked up a used one with JP silent spring at a good price and haven't tried it yet.

Also what rail did you use under the gas block? YHM?
That may be why I was getting the results I got. The brace is GTG and I’m curious as to how yours will work. Probably with the RP spring it’ll be fine, might check it with the standard spring as well.
The guns exhibit the same “schwaang” all ARs do when your face is against the stock. Not a big deal for me. May be, suppressed. So the silent spring is not a necessity for me. Is it standard or reduced power? One other point, I have not used any brass i.e. 193/855 and it could possibly be those being a mil spec load may deliver sufficient impulse to lock open on an empty mag at .093. I did not have a chance to check. I generally use steel case because I shoot a lot, it’s cheaper and I’m a tightwad. My 193/855 is in the apocalyptic ammo supply along with the steel core Chinese 7.62x39 and 7.62 NATO and 7N6. Both guns before the mods, took 20-30 rounds before they functioned correctly. Not sure what the deal was with that, probably parts seating but before that, they were single shots. Again, with the steel case. I thought that was odd they they both did the same thing.
Yes on the YHM AR steel gas block. It’s a perfect fit and longer than the T91 rail. I like the Wolf T91 GB and the thicker barrel.

SHAO.... yes, hand drill with TiN bits. Pay attention to the port angle and don’t drill into the bore opposite the gas port in the barrel.
Iamscotticus
L

I don't want to SBR but I would like a 14.5 with P&W'd A2 flash hider.
Is this barrel removable for that work?
Does it take a special barrel wrench?
Can you reccommend someone to do the work?
Thanks,
Kaztma
II

The barrel is removable. Needs a special wrench. I used a spanner wrench with ok results. I'd send it to Morgan Richey at class 3 machining. He cut mine down with the barrel still attacked. He does amazing work and short turn around time.
Iamscotticus
L

Thanks!
I sent them an inquiry. ;-)